FR - Log Files Expand All

On this forum you can see a list of new features requested by users and you can also cast your own vote (you need to login to vote).
PointsWell

FR - Log Files Expand All

Post by PointsWell »

I have a process that has an intentional recursive loop on it.

There is a problem with that loop that I need to fix. The problem occurs quite far into the recursion.

The log needs an Expand All Levels as I am clicking and clicking to find the root. And the log file on the M version chip Macs is dog slow. Like up to a second to expand a leaf of the tree.

Ideally the Expand All would work between two points otherwise a megabytes large file would be unintelligible.
customaware

Re: FR - Log Files Expand All

Post by customaware »

I do virtually ALL recursive types of processes with the use of Non Persistent BO using While Loop functionality.

It is by far the easiest and most reliable way to handle the looping requirements and you allows you to control anything you need to at every
loop iteration.

I am sure there is a way it would help in your case as well except I don't fully understand what you are wanting to do.

PM me if you want to discuss further.
Cheers,
Mark
PointsWell

Re: FR - Log Files Expand All

Post by PointsWell »

eagles9999 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:31 am
I am sure there is a way it would help in your case as well except I don't fully understand what you are wanting to do.
The issue is the Log File operation not the actual recursion, there was a bug that I was trying to iron out, but the bug only appeared at an nth iteration, which meant:
  • Find the process
  • Expand the process
  • Expand the 2nd process
  • Expand the 3rd process
  • Expand the 4th process
  • etc etc
On Apple Silicon there is a problem with the log viewer - if you click to expand the row it can take multiple seconds for the process to expand. It's not really a recursion problem it's any nested process (of which recursion is just a type of nesting).