Calendar Recurrence

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
PointsWell

Calendar Recurrence

Post by PointsWell »

After a lot of searching and trying to better understand calendars I was led to RFC 5545 from here (go to recurrenceRule String in Basic Config)

There's not a lot (i.e. any) documentation on recurrence in AIM or how to set it, other than "create a simple BSV and test it out". Fortunately the RFC describes this more fully at: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/r ... ion-3.3.10

There are a whole bunch of posts on here with questions as to how to run processes on recurring calendar instances if those instances don't 'exist', and are instead just repurposed versions of the original calendar item.

There's probably two different types of interaction:
  1. UI interaction with a specific instance
  2. Scheduled interactions e.g.
    • Process records on a specific day
    • Process records that have a specific date
I have not played around with item 1, but to get the correct 'record' you have to use one of the Kendo Scheduler queries, Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Agenda, otherwise the recurrence record won't show properly.

Re item 2, it seems like the route to this is via the RecRule and either parsing this out to identify the recurrence pattern

Code: Select all

FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=1;BYDAY=1;WKSTART=SU
to find those items that are due on January 1st, you could either

FIND Appointmenst WHERE Appointment.RecRule CONTAINS 'BYMONTH=1;BYDAY=1)
Or you could extend the Appointments BO to add attributes for the recurrence pattern (e.g. FreqType [YEARLY, MONTHLY, WEEKLY, DAILY], FreqMonth, FreqDay) and then populate these from the RecRule field, though it seems like this would be more constraining than the RFC allows for e.g.

FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=1,3;BYDAY=1,15;WKST=SU
Seems to be a valid recurrence pattern, which would require a more complex attribute setup and delimitation.