Avery Labels

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
RocketRod

Avery Labels

Post by RocketRod »

I needed to print Avery labels from my application and looked through the forum for help. Also searched through the Internet for plug-ins etc. Then I stumbled across the most simplest all of solutions and no work was required!

I just have my users export a query to a CSV file and then use that file with the free Avery Online Design and Print service on their Web site!!

Users can select what attributes to export and then can print ANY Avery label! And it's all in their hands which they love.

Way to go!
tford

Post by tford »

Interesting. I basically do the same thing with MS Word with labels ... allow users to download CSV and import to MS Word merging capability & specify their label. Is Avery even more intuitive?
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

Yes Tom. It's a personal thing I guess but I find it's better because:

1. office not required
2. Any Avery labels can be selected
3. A user can save their selection
4. It's easier to use and you don't need to learn how to use Word.

Cheers Rod
Jhstephenson

Re: Avery Labels

Post by Jhstephenson »

I have a need to print labels for a client on sheets (3 x 10, 30 labels per page) and ran across this thread.

Have there been any improvements in options for this?

I don't mind the idea of just dumping a csv and using a third party app to actually generate the labels. But, I would like to automate it as much as possible due to the users of this particular app not being very technologically comfortable and having to bounce between apps will really confuse them.