Custom Query Examples

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BLOMASKY

Custom Query Examples

Post by BLOMASKY »

I have the needs to have a query with an <a> attribute, so I guess its a custom query. Before I re-invent what others have done, wondering if there are any examples of "pretty" queries.

Bruce
pureist

Re: Custom Query Examples

Post by pureist »

do u want a bsv or just images?
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

I would like to see the HTML / CSS that makes the "pretty" grids. So text is fine.
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I don't understand the question. :shock:
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
customaware

Post by customaware »

I have looked at a few options.....

hand-made
PineGrow
Webflow

The best I have found to date....

https://www.coffeecup.com/bootstrap-builder/
Cheers,
Mark
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

OK, perhaps I didnt explain my request well enough

When creating a query you have a few options , they include STANDARD which lays out the grid with alternating colors, nice headings, etc. etc. that we use 99% of the time) and CUSTOM

With custom, you write your HTML with <td> <tr>, etc. etc. This will allow me to put more "stuff" into the grid. However, out of the box, something like
<table>
<tr>
<td>{field1}</td>
<td>{field2}</td>
</tr>
</table>

Looks butt ugly. I see a couple of examples in some of the sample programs, but wondered if others have come up with a nicer layout (with headings, colors, etc.) so I don't have to start at square 1

Does this make sense?

thanks
Bruce
customaware

Post by customaware »

Exactly my point Bruce.
I use that tool if I need to build any html layout including custom queries such as in the Sales Portal demo
Cheers,
Mark
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I looked at bootstrap builder (BB) and it didn't make much sense how it applied, until Mark showed me exactly how he was using it.
instead of writing
<table>
<tr>
<td>{field1}</td>
<td>{field2}</td>
</tr>
</table>

in BB, you wysiwyg your output, copy & paste what it generated into the CUSTOM QUERY box and you've got pretty output. if you were handier with CSS & HTML than the average bear, then you probably don't need this, but for us peons, it opens up that world of CUSTOM output.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
pureist

Post by pureist »

Using CQ layouts in conjunction with 'AwareApp.startProc..' you can achieve great user experiences.
And if you also utilize CSS with onHover, you might find that you use CQ Layouts more than Standard.
What you also notice is just how many record sets are more 'friendly'/efficient displayed as inline blocks, rather than boring rows..
CQ.jpg
CQ.jpg (43.71 KiB) Viewed 11871 times
can do a little bsv in a couple of days.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Also have a look at some sample applications that include some custom queries - Sales Portal and CRM in particular.
Aware IM Support Team