Version 8.7 has been released

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
aware_support

Version 8.7 has been released

Post by aware_support »

Dear Aware IM customers, version 8.7 has been released (see the final list of features and improvements below).

Please note the following:
1) Mac installation no longer includes the installation program. Instead AwareIM.app is delivered in a compressed format. Just uncompress it, put in the folder like /Applications and run it
2. A default Configuration Tool view is different from 8.6 (slightly different layout and the Breakpoints window). If you want to use this layout, delete the old .xmi files
3. Don't forget to refresh the embedded browser

New Features:
1. Rules Debugger (https://youtu.be/rxfG4oBVuKk)
2. Performance Profiler (https://youtu.be/mRAQwvJmIFs)
3. Ability to save documents and pictures in Amazon S3

Improvements
1. "IN FORMS" key for protection rules. If used indicates that the rule is only relevant for protection in forms. This can significantly speed up performance of queries
2. It is possible to reorder query columns graphically in the preview window
3. Ability to create a simple CRUD query with NEW/Edit/Delete buttons, auto-refresh setup and a more modern style
4. Improvements in the interaction with the preview: (https://youtu.be/ptE85dSZ1fg)
- when a column of a grid is selected (attribute or operation column)
- when a button representing a panel operation is selected (any type of query or form)
- when a toolbar is clicked
- when a panel header is clicked
- when filter row in a grid and mobile queries is clicked
- when paging bar in a grid is clicked
- when custom query is clicked
- when action menu on mobile queries is clicked
5. Visual perspectives now support categories
6. It is now possible to specify width and height for preview on phones and tablets
7. New header style (MODERN) for forns and queries
8. New default layout in forms
9. Ability to change all columns of a form (label position and widths) - new menu item in Form Designer
10.Performance improvements
11.CREATE BUCKET action in rules (bucket must be in this format BucketName.RegionName
12.For documents and pictures stored externally (File System or Amazon S3) the path of the document can be specified as an expression, not necessarily an attribute
13.Ability to insert a rule
14.Support for LDAPS

Bugs:
1. Dropping a Kanban column into an empty column didn't work in IE
2. About menu item didn't work in the left menu
3. XML import didn't handle attribute nodes with blank value properly
4. "Last modified date" was not set on a rule
5. Initialisation of DateRange attributes in DateRangePicker of a visual perspective was wrong
6. Calling REST service protected by OAuth using POST with request body that is not URL-encoded didn't work
7. Filters on shortcuts to dates didn't work
8. In the Form Designer label alignment couldn't be changed from top to right justified
9. More than 100 multiple files could not be uploaded if a process with CREATE FOR EACH was used
10.GROUP_MEMBER function did not accept expressions
Aware IM Support Team
Rem

Re: Version 8.7 has been released

Post by Rem »

Great work!

Looking forward to try it out!
Regards
Rune

hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Awesome, kudos!!!
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

when you say "delete the old .xml files". Can you give the folder names where these are stored? And is it the same folders on windows and mac?

Thanks

Bruce
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Not the same folders, unfortunately. I can never remember where Eclipse puts them. On Windows you can just run the Restore Layout command from the menu of the Config. Tool. On Mac do the same and it will tell you what to do.
Aware IM Support Team
PointsWell

Question - Insert a Rule

Post by PointsWell »

Improvements

13.Ability to insert a rule

Where? When? Why?
Explanation in release notes is vague.
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I appreciate the new version, and there lots of improvements to config tool (cutesy things that help minimally for me) and the debugger/perf9rmance th8ng MIGHT be of use someday to me. I’m pretty good on that stuff.

So I’m really only excited about S3 image storage. About the only thing I really plan to use.
Would be nice to get IMGIX integrated with it like bubble.io does with their images.
No real improvements to the UX that I see… the things that make a better end product for users. Things that make a better deliverable when comparing to final product from other dev tools.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

"13.Ability to insert a rule
Where? When? Why?"

In the Configuration Tool you could only add a rule previously. If you wanted to insert a rule (in a process, for example) you had to move the added rule to where you wanted it. Now you can select the rule and insert the new rule after selected
Aware IM Support Team