One of my apps has bad email connection info. Can't find it

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

One of my apps has bad email connection info. Can't find it

Post by Jaymer »

I get this every 5 mins in my Server output:

EmailSource: checking e-mail
2022-02-17 12:53:17,362 ERROR -Reconnecting to e-mail store
Email Source: connecting to host outlook.office365.com on port 993
2022-02-17 12:53:19,237 ERROR -Unable to connect to remote host outlook.office365.comAUTHENTICATE failed.

One of my apps (and there's a ton of BSVs) has an outdated password.
But I've checked all of them - must have missed something.
Aware doesn't allow you to "deactivate" a published BSV.
So even a test sample app (like CRM) where I setup the mail connection to do some testing can be sitting out there for YEARS banging away every 5 minutes.

I've opened up all databases and browsed SYSTEMSETTINGS to see if there is mail server data populated. There is in some, just nothing with "outlook".

Gonna have to get sneaky!
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jaymer

Re: One of my apps has bad email connection info. Can't find it

Post by Jaymer »

have a MS SQL script which finds all tables, then all columns, and examines all values of every field in the MSSQL db.

looked for "outlook"
"office365",
"993"

absolutely cannot find where connection info is stored to be connecting to this mailbox.

it will successfully find my port 587s, or "smtp.office365", but nothing for the bad "outlook" connection string.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
rbross

Re: One of my apps has bad email connection info. Can't find it

Post by rbross »

Jaymer, I went with mail jet to send and receive emails.
It was easy to setup and I didn’t have to deal with setting up Auth0 logic! Mailjet does that for you.
I had another bsv I setup to receive mail from 365 and keep getting a similar message. I finally ripped out all the 365 rules and started over!
Roger Ross
AwareIM 8.7 (build 3025) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
AwareIM 8.5 (build 2828) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~