Is it possible to conditionally stack fields in a Query Column?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BLOMASKY

Is it possible to conditionally stack fields in a Query Column?

Post by BLOMASKY »

I have a query where there are 3 optional (long) text fields, lets call them field1, field2 and field3. Any or all of them might be empty and/or have text in them. Ideally if empty then the query row height would be a single row tall, if all were filled in then each one would be displayed one above each other, so the row should now be 3 rows tall. I do NOT want to just concatinate the fields, They need to display on separate rows if they have data.
Is there an easy way to do this in Aware?
Has anyone else done something like this?
(I feel that perhaps Javascript in the grid column would be the way to do this....)

Bruce
Jaymer

Re: Is it possible to conditionally stack fields in a Query Column?

Post by Jaymer »

Is it absolutely important that the complete comment text be visible with no interaction?
So you will not be happy with an indicator to show that notes are present, and then hover over an icon to show all three in their entirety?
(Which would also have the benefit of all grid rows being tight and not spaced out)
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
customaware

Re: Is it possible to conditionally stack fields in a Query Column?

Post by customaware »

Do you mean like this.... ?
MultiLine.png
MultiLine.png (46.14 KiB) Viewed 321 times
Cheers,
Mark