Grouping on steriods

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ACDC

Grouping on steriods

Post by ACDC »

Big thanks to support for revamping the Grid Grouping feature, detailed in the following post:
https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12946

These enhancements now enable the creation of highly efficient reports that hinge on vast datasets necessitating specific grouping, such as those found in accounting reports like Income Statements, Balance Sheets, Ledgers, and more. These types of reports were previously impractical with the standard report writer due to their cumbersome nature and prolonged data loading times.

Primarily designed for on-screen presentation, the capability to export to Excel or PDF while preserving the layout should become feasible upon support's implementation of the Kendo export with layout format feature.

Below is a video illustrating a basic Income Statement utilizing these new functionalities:

1. Group totals that switch between header and footer depending on the group expanded state. (configurator setting)
2. Sort direction of Group names. (advanced script)
3. Expanded First level group upon load. (advanced script)
4. Load data on demand. (configurator setting)

video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeSuFbxXtyw
Last edited by ACDC on Sun May 05, 2024 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
customaware

Re: Grouping on steriods

Post by customaware »

No video at ScreenPal. Just another stupid site that I needed to create an account for... More frigging spam 😝
Cheers,
Mark
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

No video at ScreenPal. Just another stupid site that I needed to create an account for... More frigging spam 😝
should be better now
customaware

Post by customaware »

👍
Cheers,
Mark
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

ACDC wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:08 pmBelow is a video illustrating a basic Income Statement utilizing these new functionalities:
Q: Looks very nice... but exactly what are we seeing?
Is this a VP with a few panels?
The top line looks like a MODERN panel from a query, but I'm confused as to how you formatted the input fields if this is all done ONLY using a single query.

EDIT: After embedding the pic, I noticed the Save/Close buttons - so we're viewing a form with an embedded query???
IncomeStatement.jpg
IncomeStatement.jpg (74.24 KiB) Viewed 161 times
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

Q: Looks very nice... but exactly what are we seeing?
Is this a VP with a few panels?
The top line looks like a MODERN panel from a query, but I'm confused as to how you formatted the input fields if this is all done ONLY using a single query.
This a single multi reference on a form configured with the new grouping feature (and some advanced script to get group sequence and expanded state working) It could be done as a single query as well
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

well i don't think you can make the top (everything above the grid) look like that using just a query.
thats why i asked.

i'm still confused - is the grid showing in an HTML cell?
and whats the multi-reference part?

J
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

Its simply a reference setup as a grid with grouping
Attachments
Grid setup.jpg
Grid setup.jpg (230.62 KiB) Viewed 129 times
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Oh, I thought it was ONLY running a Query, by initial looks, until I saw Save/Close.

You've got all the data lines that make up the IncomeStatement in a "child" file connecting to a parent.
And the form you're on is the parent, which holds the dates...
So the cell is the "PM" attribute.
Nice strategy.

Jaymer