LIST_TABLE in a form

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
UnionSystems

LIST_TABLE in a form

Post by UnionSystems »

We'd like to display a list of the names of a parent BO's children in the parent's form as a HTML field (without using a normal form table).

Is it possible to use the function LIST_TABLE in a HTML attribute of the form? We cannot get LIST_TABLE or LIST_SIZE or LIST to work in a HTML attribute of a form.
AWS Linux, Windows Server, AIM 8.4 & 8.6
customaware

Re: LIST_TABLE in a form

Post by customaware »

How many records are likely, max?
Cheers,
Mark
UnionSystems

Post by UnionSystems »

customaware

Post by customaware »

I do something similar but I do it by building an HTML unordered list on the fly and displaying it in a HTML cell.
Cheers,
Mark
UnionSystems

Post by UnionSystems »

Do you mean you create the HTML list using a rule store the HTML list in an attribute then display that attribute?
customaware

Post by customaware »

Yep.

Will send a demo when I get a chance.
Cheers,
Mark
UnionSystems

Post by UnionSystems »

I finally worked out the solution to my requirement. As is so often the case in Aware IM the solution is incredibly simple (so simple one suspects everyone probably already know it!).

All I wanted was a simple read only HTML list of a one to many reference element inside a form (ie rather than a "table of items" I wanted a static HTML read only list). The solution is simply to select "Custom" rather than "Table of items" and to complete the output template. In these templates attribute values are displayed as {Attribute} . So if the forms BO is Parent and your reference attribute is Child the attributes displayed in this template are attributes of the Child. eg {LastName} displays the LastName of the Child.
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

UnionSystems wrote:So if the forms BO is Parent and your reference attribute is Child the attributes displayed in this template are attributes of the Child. eg {LastName} displays the LastName of the Child.
So as a variation on that theme, you can only go as far as the referred object

So for example
Invoice.ob_Contract
Contract.ob_Buyer
Buyer.Name

To access the Buyer name from the Invoice BO I need to have Contract.sc_Name (where sc = shortcut).

How would I go about capturing a list from a pm or om child relationship.

I am trying to generate a custom layout for a drop down to locate a specific contract that is only uniquely identifiable by a peer multiple child relationship below it.

For example

John Smith might have multiple contracts with Bill Jones, but they are only unique based on subsequent child BOs to those Contract

So the drop down to be meaningful need to be

Bill Smith
-Lot 3
-Lot 89
Bill Smith
-Lot 56
-Lot 23

I am sensing that this will require whole bunch of other steps to fill a create a field on the higher level BO.
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I'm bit by this as well, after 30 minutes of trying I searched the forum.
Latest 8.1 build.

Just trying to conditionally show/dim a button depending on if objects have been inserted in the child list.
Should work, but doesn't.
Exactly like what JonP is trying to do - Hate to have to have an unnecessary counter up in the parent... though I wonder what it has to go through internally to return the count in LIST_SIZE. If it has to do a back-end COUNT in the database (basically running through the BO_REF table), then I'd hate for that to have to continually get calculated. Would actually be a lot less overhead to maintain the parent counter over the long haul.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL