Query Display Issue

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
PointsWell

Query Display Issue

Post by PointsWell »

I have a query that returns a commission rate.
The commission is stored as an integer (that is to say I commission/100 is used when I calculate). I store the commission as an integer because it is too confusing for end users to enter 0.15 in the data entry field when they are entering data - they aren't mathematically minded.

The issue is I want to append a % sign on queries (I am using standard queries and don't want to use custom queries for this as it seems like excessive overhead).

I seem to remember (possibly erroneously) that in v7 I could append to the values of a field in a query, but can't figure out how to do this in v8.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by PointsWell on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaymer

Re: Query Display Issue

Post by Jaymer »

I’m not sure what you mean with the reference to v7, but I would just create a commission display String field [in the BO that is maintained by a rule] that is pre-formatted to the way you want to display it in the query column.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
idpSteve

Post by idpSteve »

Why not store the decimals you use, and just display them as percentages (change the display format for the attribute in the query to #%). I think that will display 0.1 as 10% in the query result.

Regards,

Steve
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

idpSteve wrote:Why not store the decimals you use, and just display them as percentages (change the display format for the attribute in the query to #%). I think that will display 0.1 as 10% in the query result.
I store the commission as an integer because it is too confusing for end users to enter 0.15 in the data entry field when they are entering data - they aren't mathematically minded.
idpSteve

Post by idpSteve »

Try # '%' as the display format in the query and see if that works..
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

2 answers:

When you say display is it just DISPLAY or is it for editing?

Cause one way is to have a calculated attribute (STRING) that is BO.commissionAmount + '%'

Or use HTML to display the column

Bruce